meta data for this page
Using a wall-mounted Apple iPad, iPad mini, or Android tablet
Have the students sign-in by reading a barcode with the iPad's front camera while keeping the device locked to display a classroom's scheduled courses through out the day in a tamper-free kiosk mode.
Download the AccuClass App
First, you need to download the AccuClass app from either the App Store or the Google Play store. It's a free application so no need to worry about additional fees.
- Tap the App Store icon.
- In the Search field type AccuClass and tap search. Tap the cloud icon to download/install.
- Now click open or from the home screen click on the AccuClass icon.
- Login using your AccuClass account by:
- Entering your Email
- Selecting your Account (It should automatically start to sync with your AccuClass account.)
- Entering your Password
That's it! You're ready to start using the AccuClass App!
Configure the iPad to use in Wall Mount
Now that the app is downloaded and installed you'll need to configure the AccuClass app settings to allow it to use the front camera and also lock the screen so Students cannot “accidentally” go out of the Record Swipes screen in the AccuClass app.
Name the device & set it to use the front camera
- Tap the Settings icon (gear symbol) on the Apple device.
- Scroll to the bottom of the device settings list and tap on the AccuClass section at the bottom
- Scroll down to Barcode Scanning and make sure the Camara section is set to “Front”.
- Optionally at this point you can give this device a name at the top of this section under Device name. This will help by providing you a point of reference if you name it similar to the Classroom's name this device will be track the attendance in.
Setup a lock for the Record Swipes screen
- Tap the AccuClass App icon to open it.
- Tap the Settings icon (Gear symbol in the app).
- Once in the Settings menu, Tap in the Sign-in station unlock code FIRST, because if not then you will receive an error.
- Then enter the passcode twice you want to use on this device, and tap Save.
- When finished setting up the unlock code, slide the Lock swipe tracking screen to the right.
- Tap back until you reach the Home screen then click the Sign-in Station option to begin tracking the Class again as you normally would.
- Press the sleep/wake button on the top edge of your apple device to activate the touchscreen.
- Slide the slider at the bottom of the screen to unlock it. Enter the unlock code if one has been set.
- Touch the “Settings” icon.
- Touch the “General” menu item or the “Display & Brightness” menu item.
- Touch the “Auto-Lock” menu item.
- Touch the “Never” option.