meta data for this page
AccuCampus can be customized to the user liking using numerous settings, and also designing certain page such as the Home Page.
Organizing the Homepage
The Home Page can show information about your School and also Notifications and upcoming events or To-Do lists related to the user. You can access the Home Page at any time by clicking on your school logo in the top left corner of the screen.
The next screenshot is shown as an example because your Home Page could look somewhat different depending on the configuration/design of your AccuCampus.
- School News- Please notice that in this example the Home-Page shows some news information in the Center, this is usually regarding upcoming events and important facts about the Institution.
- Seminars/Events- Please notice that in this example a Seminar Section was added under the School news-section, in this case, this section shows the upcoming Seminars for this user.
- My Notifications- Please notice that in this example a “My Notifications” section was added to the right of the screen, this is very common and it shows the Notifications for the user such as the Appointments-reminders and any Action-items referencing this user.
- My Action Plan- Please notice that in this example an “Action Plan” section was added to the right, this section shows any Action pack paired with the current user.
- My Appointments- Please notice that in this example a “My Appointments” section was added to the right, this section shows any upcoming Appointment for the current user.
As you can see above depending on your role and how the system was configured in your School the Home-Page is a source of important information, most information shown in the Home-Page will have links to guide the user to any particular section in Accucampus.
Home Page Quick Panels How to Access: Advanced Options > Settings > Home Page Quick Panels
Purpose: This page is used to customize the home screen with useful widgets, such widgets can be configured to be seen by different user-roles so each user in the system could see differentiated information based on permissions. in AccuCampus. If desired, the home page can be customized with the following Quick Panel widgets:
HTML Content - Use this option to add text or images to the homepage.
RSS Feed Reader - Use this option to connect an RSS feed to the homepage. This can be used to display a rotating selection of notifications or news for the institutions.
Notification - Use this option to displays a feed of all notifications sent to the user. The user is able to click on a specific notification to get more information on it.
My Action Plan - Use this option to displays a feed of all action items sent to the user. The user is able to click on a specific action item to get more information on it.
Upcoming Courses (Students) - Use this option to display a feed of all course sessions that are upcoming for the next few days for a curse that a student is registered for.
Courses Taking Place Now - Use this option to display a feed of all courses that the user is registered for and that are currently in session at the time the user logs in.
Upcoming Courses (Staff) - Use this option to display a feed of all course sessions that a staff member is registered for and are upcoming for the next few days for a course. If a staff member is registered to a course group, shows all of the upcoming courses that belong to that course group. Upcoming Appointments - Use this option to display a feed of all upcoming scheduled appointments.
Adding Google Gadgets
How to Access: Advanced Options > Settings > Notifications
Purpose: Within AccuCampus you can create notification topics, these topics will be used in the Notification rules. These are primarily used when creating rules for automatic notifications; however, they will also appear on the user profile and users will be able to decide if they want notifications from that topic delivered via e-mail, push notification, or text, or if they want them delivered at all.
Options for each notification/row in the list
For each row(notification) you can see the name of the notification, who sent it, when it was sent, the status(read/unread), the type of notification(text message, on-screen message, email message). Click on the name of the notification to see details, there is a DELETE button on the right-hand side so you can delete it if you want.
- DELETE - Please use this button to delete the current notification
Notification Topic List Options
Purpose - This is a list of all current Notification Topics.
- Create Topic- Please use this button to create a new Notification Topic(more details in the next chapter “Create New Notification Topic ”).
Please notice that in this list for each row(Notification) there is a DELETE button on the right-hand side.
- DELETE- Please use this button to delete the current Notification Topic.
Create New Notification Topic
- Name - Please enter a Name for the topic. We recommend being specific so that other users will know what the topic addresses.
- Description - Please enter a Description for the topic. We recommend being specific so that other users will know what the topic addresses.
Choose the type of Delivery that will be enabled. We recommend selecting all three to ensure that notifications can be sent to all users. Make sure to set the default action to send.
- Enabled - Please select this option if you want the notification to be sent via push notification through the app.
- Enabled - Please select this option if you want the notification to be sent via e-mail.
Text message delivery
- Enabled - Please select this option if you want the notification to be sent via text.
- Connect to Third Party Calendar - Use this option to connect to a third party calendar
If you use Zoom and you would like to integrate it with AccuCampus click the link “here”, to see more information about this process go to the “How to integrate my Zoom account for virtual sessions” chapter below. By connecting to a third-party calendar you can: Automatically add appointments made in AccuCampus to your external calendar. Automatically update your availability when you add an appointment in your external calendar.
More documentation click here: https://desk.zoho.com/portal/engineerica/en/kb/articles/accucampus-how-to-integrate-with-office-365-as-a-tutor
- Fixed Session URL - Optional. Specifies the user's Fixed Session URL to be used for virtual appointments/walk-ins(see more details in the next chapters).
If you use Zoom and you would like to integrate it with AccuCampus click the link “here”, to see more information about this process go to the “How to integrate my Zoom account for virtual sessions” chapter below.
- Receive on-screen - Please enable this option as needed.
- Receive e-mail - Please enable this option as needed.
- Receive on-screen - Please enable this option to receive On-screen notifications.
- Receive e-mail - Please enable this option to receive Emails.
- Receive text message - Please enable this option to receive Text Messages.
- Receive text message - Please enable this option to send Text Messages.
- SAVE Please click this button to save all changes.
- CANCEL Please click this button to go back without saving.
Integrate Zoom account
If you use Zoom for virtual sessions you can integrate it with AccuCampus:
1-Pre-approving the “Engineerica Tracker” plugin in the user's Zoom account:(this might require to contact your I.T department or your administrator)
The owner of the personal, business, or educational Zoom account should go to marketplace.zoom.us, login to zoom, and search for “engineerica tracker”:
2-Now install and pre-approve the plugin as needed.
4-In AccuCampus go to the Virtual Session options, type your Zoom URL and click the highlighted link:
5-Now on this page, you can read all documentation about the process, then choose your streaming platform from the list:
6-Next, your streaming platform might ask you to log in, if that is the case please login:
7-If your authentication process was successful you can see that now it reads “Session with Today's date”, like this example, and you can use it right away:
7b-You can use the default session as above or you can also create a new session clicking on “Create new session”:
–Then put a name to the session:
–now as you can see how the new session is available to be used:
8-Now when you sign-in a student from a waiting line , or a student signs-in using a virtual appointment link AccuCampus will direct the student to your current active session, as you can see here in this example, there is a new option for Virtual Meeting since this tutor has integrated Zoom with AccuCampus successfully: