meta data for this page
Summary: On this page, we discuss Action plans, Action-items, and Action-packs. How to create referrals and close them, as well as follow up and commenting Action-items and Action packs statuses.
AccuCampus Action Plans
Action Plans are a great mechanism for Center Admins to engage the Students in helping themselves work through a set of tasks that need to be completed on campus. Action Plans can be assigned to individuals who need to complete these tasks we call Action Items. Alternatively, you can also assign a set of Action Items which are grouped and called Action Packa to the Student that needs to complete these items. This feature works with our AccuCampus Student app and will keep them tracking their progress, earning badges for completing their tasks, accessing more features available to them such as the Student Compass, and more!
How to Access: Action Plan –> Action Items
Purpose: AccuCampus uses Action Items for referrals and processes such as early alerts. It’s a simple process for faculty or other staff members (or even students) to flag a user for a variety of reasons, and each step of the process is tracked in AccuCampus. In many cases, alerts can be assigned or marked as completed automatically. Each Action Item can be hidden from inappropriate parties, and only authorized users can view individual student plans. Used to view/manage the individual Action Items in AccuCampus. These Action Items can be grouped into Action Packs or they can be assigned directly to an Action Plan for a Student.
In order to add a new “Action Item” click on “Create”, after entering the basic information about the “Action item”, you can also restrict access to it.
How to Access: Action Plan > Action Packs
Purpose: Within AccuCampus, individual Action Items can be combined into an Action Pack. Use this option to set up a series of steps that will be automatically assigned to a user one by one as each step is completed. Examples of this would be an Action Pack related to incoming Freshmen who must: 1-complete a form, 2-attend orientation, and 3-arrange housing, before starting school. Before creating an Action Pack, you will need to have created Action Items. Used to view/manage the Action Packs that consist of Action Items that need to be completed by Students in AccuCampus. Here you can add/remove Action Items to/from an Action Pack.
Creating a Referral
Go to Action Plan–> Action Items:
Click “Create Action Items”:
From the previous screen, this is what loads and options you have when you click the Create Action Item button.
- Code - This is a unique code for this Action Item which can be used when pulling reports to show the completion of the specific Action Item.
- Name - This is what is displayed to the Student and is the title or name of the Action Item.
- Description - This is an optional field used to help provide more information that may help a user decide whether or not to assign this particular Action Item to a Student.
- Action Type - This is a list of existing Action Types that have been created to allow you to categorize the Action Items but if you do not have any you can save the Action Item for now, create an Action Type (shown below), and update this information on the Action Item later.
- Duration - This is the estimated duration the appointment/session should last to complete this Action Item.
Service and Course
- Service - This is where you can associate Services with a particular Action Item.
- Event-related - This is if you want to see available Seminars or Courses as options in the above list as well.
- Users - This option is used to assign particular Users which needs to be notified about this. They will receive e-mail updates when there are changes made to this Action Item such as being assigned, removed, or updated.
- Public for student - Enabling this option allows for Students to be able to assign this Action Item to themselves.
Entering Follow ups
For Action Items tutors can write notes/follow-ups to tell how the student is doing, see this short video as an example on how to type multiple follow-ups comments:
Closing a Referral
In order to close a referral, the “Action Item” status must change as “completed”, either automatically using rules or manually.
Watch this short video on how the process works: