meta data for this page
This manual should help you understand the purpose and use of the StaffPanel software with AccuTrack/AccuSQL. StaffPanel allows Tutors or Advisors to access all of the common tasks that they may need in Accutrack or AccuSQL from one convenient interface. We'll see how a Tutor or Advisor can manage the Intake System (Waiting List), create appointments for students, update session notes and session questionnaires, and more!
- Start by opening the media drive with the AccuTrack/AccuSQL installers and opening the “StaffPanel20XX_Dist” or “StaffPanelSQL20XX_Dist” folder (the “XX” part of the name will be the year of the software you are installing such as 2018, 2019, 2020, etc.).
- Now that you have that folder open run the “setup.exe” located in that folder.
- Click Next twice and accept the license agreement. Then click Next again.
- Select to install for all users, and click Next.
- Leave the default install path and click Next.
- Click the Install button to confirm all the settings.
- Click Yes on the Windows Security prompt (if asked).
- Finally, click the Finish button to launch the Computer Lab for the first time.
- User ID: 000-55-5555
- Password: 000555555
(You do not need the dashes in the ID as they are just there as a visual guide).
Once done, you can now follow this guide to Set the database to your database and local lab (center) setup.
Installing the SQL Native Connectivity Client (if using AccuSQL)
This section will explain how to quickly install the proper SQL Native Connectivity Client for your version of SQL Server.
- From your computer right-click on the AccuSQL or AccuTrack shortcut and select the “Open File Location” option. This will open the install directory for AccuSQL or AccuTrack (typically located in “C:/Program Files(x86)/AccuSQL20XX” file folder with XX representing the year such as 2018, 2019, 2020, etc.)
- Once you have that location open in your File Explorer window look folder called SQL_Drivers and open it.
- Determine which version you need to install for your SQL Server using the folder names and open it:
- 2005-SQLNativeClient = SQL Server 2005 or SQL Server Express 2005 or newer
- 2008-SQLNativeClient = SQL Server 2008 or SQL Server Express 2008 or newer
- 2012-SQLNativeClient = SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server Express 2012 or newer
- SQLite = Only used if using iAccu for AccuTrack.
- Now that you have opened the correct folder then simply run the correct installer for your Windows version/type:
- sqlncli.msi - Use this if the Operating system installed on this machine is 32-bit.
- sqlncli_x64.msi - (Most Common) Use this if the Operating system installed on this machine is 64-bit.
Note: Use this guide if you are not sure if the PC is 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Finally, follow through the steps of the installer using all the default settings to complete this install.
Set the Data Path Location and the Local Lab (Center)
In this section, we will explain how to set your Database Location for the StaffPanel to connect it to your AccuTrack or AccuSQL database. Follow the appropriate steps for your version of the software. Additionally, then we will connect it to your specific Local Lab or Center.
Setting the AccuTrack Database Location
- Right-click the StaffPanel icon on your desktop and select “Open file Location” in the options.
- Once it opens the installation folder (typically “C:\Program Files (x86)\StaffPanel20XX” and replace the XX with the year you are installing.). Double-click the executable file named “setdatapath.exe” in this folder.
- On the application screen that loads choose the database type:
- Native: Use this option if connecting to an AccuTrack database (folder path).
- SQL: Use this option if connecting to an AccuSQL database (SQL Server database connection).
- Depending on the choice set the database path information following one of these examples:
- Native: Set the Data Folder Path to the AccuTrack database location (folder path).
- SQL: Set the options to the AccuSQL database location (SQL Server database connection information).
- Click the Save button to save these changes and exit the software. When you reopen it the software will be set to the proper database.
Set the Local Lab / Center
This is the process to set and change the Local Lab or Center that you are working in to see the proper waiting lists and terminology used for that location in StaffPanel.
- Open the StaffPanel software using the desktop shortcut.
- Click on the View/Modify My Local Lab button.
- Select the correct Local Lab/Center in the Change to: drop-down menu.
- Click the Save button and confirm the Lab change.
- Now it will display a confirmation and when you are done it should return you to the login screen.
- Login to the software to begin using it now!
Giving the Tutors role Access to the StaffPanel Options in AccuTrack or AccuSQL
In this section, we explore what permissions and options are needed to be given in AccuTrack or AccuSQL for Tutors, Advisors, Staff, or whoever meets with your Students to access the available buttons in StaffPanel.
Tutor Access Group Setup in AccuTrack or AccuSQL
In this section, you will learn how to set up your Tutors Access Group in order to fully use all the options that StaffPanel has to offer. These options are all the ones that are available in Accutrack or AccuSQL itself and as a Center Admin (root) you have the option to make these available or not for your Tutors or Advisors.
- Login to Accutrack or AccuSQL using your Root Admin credentials.
- Click “System Access” on the right-side menu and then click the “System Access Groups” button.
- Next Select “Tutors” in the “Access Groups” box on the top left and then click the Edit button below the box to modify the Tutor Access Group’s permissions.
- These are the minimum recommended permissions to give your “Tutors” Access Group permission to use all the features that StaffPanel has to offer in AccuTrack or AccuSQL:
- Sign-in Setup
- Student Visits Tracking
- Edit Sign-in Logs
- Who's in?
- Seminar Status
- Be sure to click the Save button to ensure to give the Tutors the proper access you set.
Give Tutors role Reports Access in AccuTrack or AccuSQL
In this section, you will learn how to set up your Reports Access to determine which reports your tutors or advisors can access when they click the Reports button from the StaffPanel. These options are all the ones that are available in Accutrack or AccuSQL itself and as a Center Admin (root) you have the option to make the reports you choose available to your tutors or advisors.
- Login to Accutrack or AccuSQL using your Root Admin credentials.
- Click “System Access” on the right-side menu and then click the “Reports Access” button.
- Next Select “Tutors” in the “Access Group” box on the top left and then click the Edit button below the box to modify the Tutors’ Reports Access permissions.
- Click the + sign next to a report group to expand it, and then click the individual reports you want your tutors/advisors to be able to access. Tip: if you click the checkbox next to a top-level reports group, you can select all of the reports for that group at once.
- Be sure to click the Save button when you are done.
Using the StaffPanel
In this section, we'll explore the various options you can perform while using the StaffPanel.