meta data for this page
This manual will help you understand the purpose of the SignInTab add-on for AccuTrack or AccuSQL and how to operate the software.
This part of the guide will show you how to install SignInTab on a Windows tablet.
- Open the SignInTab_DIST or SignInTabSQL_DIST folder and run the setup.exe installer.
- Click Next until you get to the security prompt.
- On the Windows Security prompt click Yes.
- Finally, click Finish to start the setup.
Installing the SQL Native Connectivity Client (if using AccuSQL)
This section will explain how to quickly install the proper SQL Native Connectivity Client for your version of SQL Server.
- From your tablet long press the AccuSQL or AccuTrack SignInTab icon and select the “Open File Location” option. This will open the install directory for AccuSQL or AccuTrack (typically located in “C:/Program Files(x86)/SignInTab20XX” file folder with XX representing the year such as 2018, 2019, 2020, etc.)
- Once you have that location open in your File Explorer window look folder called SQL_Drivers and open it.
- Determine which version you need to install for your SQL Server using the folder names and open it:
- 2005-SQLNativeClient = SQL Server 2005 or SQL Server Express 2005 or newer
- 2008-SQLNativeClient = SQL Server 2008 or SQL Server Express 2008 or newer
- 2012-SQLNativeClient = SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server Express 2012 or newer
- SQLite = Only used if using iAccu for AccuTrack.
- Now that you have opened the correct folder then simply run the correct installer for your Windows version/type:
- sqlncli.msi - Use this if the Operating system installed on this machine is 32-bit.
- sqlncli_x64.msi - (Most Common) Use this if the Operating system installed on this machine is 64-bit.
Note: Use this guide if you are not sure if the PC is 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Finally, follow through the steps of the installer using all the default settings to complete this install.
Set the Data Path Location and the Local Lab (Center)
In this section, we'll see what is needed to connect the Windows tablet to an existing database so we can start signing in students to the lab.
Setting the AccuTrack Database Location
- When you click Finish on the installer it should open the setup/Configuration tool.
NOTE: If you need to open the setup/configuration utility look for an application called setuptab.exe in the installed director on the tablet. This will typically be “C:/Program Files (x86)/SignInTab20XX/“ where XX will be the year of the software.
- Now choose the database type. “Native” is for the AccuTrack software installations and “SQL Server” is for the AccuSQL software installations.
- AccuTrack users will complete the database path similar to this:
- AccuSQL users will complete the SQL Server database info similar to this:
- Click Save to save the changes and Exit to close this utility.
Set the Local Lab / Center
- On the Windows tablet long press the AccuTrack or AccuSQL SignInTab icon to select the “Open File Location” option.
- Now in the file explorer window run the SetupTab.exe application.
- If asked by a Windows Security prompt to continue click Yes.
- This setup utility will no allow you to click the middle Set Local Lab button.
- On this screen select in the dropdown the Local Lab.
- Click Save to set the Local Lab/Center and confirm the pop-up message.
- Now click the bottom Exit button to close this setup utility.
- Finally tap or double-tap the AccuSQL SignInTab icon on the tablet to open it and see the Center it is set to now.
Using the SignInTab
Using SignInTab will be easy because it simply replaces a computer Sign-in Kiosk/Station and it will follow all the sign-in options and rules that are set up for the Local Lab/Center. The hard part will be deciding how and where you will mount the SignInTab tablet in your sign-in area.