meta data for this page
ACCUTRACK SIGN-IN SETUP OPTIONS
If you click Sign-in Setup from the main System Administration screen, then select Setup, you will be presented with a Control Panel Options view that shows context specific options for your Sign-in Setup screens.
Here are the Control Panel options for Sign-in Setup:
- Welcome Screen Options – Used to configure the welcome message on the main sign in screen, determine which buttons to show on the main sign in screen, and determine if you want the current station to run in Kiosk (full screen) mode or standard mode.
- Activity Screen Options – Used to determine the items that appear when students sign in. Also used limit student activity selections to only the classes they are registered for and to set automatic reports that go out to instructors to send them the center attendance for students in their classes.
- Tutor Selection Screen Options – Used to determine if and when students select a tutor when they come into the center for help..
- New Student Options – Used to configure the options for when and how you deal with new students in AccuSQLAccuTrack. * Tutor Sign-in Options – Used to setup rules for how tutor (staff) sign-ins are handled in AccuSQLAccuTrack.
- Waiting Options – Used to control student sign ins by adding students to either an intake system or activity waiting list when they sign in. They are then signed in from the queue when the tutor is ready to see them.
WELCOME SCREEN OPTIONS
To access the Welcome Screen Setup options, click Sign-in Setup in System Administration, then the Setup tab. The Welcome Screen Options screen should be selected by default. If not, click on it on the left of the Options screen.
Use the text box at the top of this page to modify the welcome message that appears at the top of the AccuSQLAccuTrack sign-in screen. To change the welcome message, simply edit its text. ==== Announcements Box ==== Use the announcement box in this screen to change the announcement box that appears in the AccuSQLAccuTrack Sign-in screen. Use this box to display information such as hours of operation, holiday notices, extended hours during finals week, or anything else you want you want to announce.
To use this box, make sure that the “Show announcements…” check box is checked. If you uncheck this box, the announcements box will not appear in the Sign-in screen. Use the edit box to enter the announcement. The edit box is the same size as the one in the sign-in screen, so text will appear here exactly the same way it will appear in the sign-in screen. You can control the font size in this edit box by using the drop-down list box labeled “Font Size.” By default, the message box has a transparent background. If you would rather have an opaque background, check the “Opaque background” box. The opaque background will make it easier to read the welcome message.
Show these Buttons
The show these buttons checkboxes control the display of buttons in the main Sign-in screen. The following is an explanation of these buttons:
☑ Appointments: Display this button if you want the students to schedule their own appointments.
☑ Seminar Sign-up: Display this button if you want to enable students to register for seminars or workshops via AccuSQLAccuTrack. ☑ Media Checkouts: Display this button if you want students to check media out themselves. ☑ Activity Waiting List: Display this button if you want to use the waiting list feature of AccuSQLAccuTrack.
☑ Exit AccuSQL/AccuTrack: Display this button if you want students or other users to have the ability to exit AccuSQLAccuTrack.
☑ Messaging Center: Display this button if you want students to send messages to tutors and possibly to other students.
☑ Who’s In: Display this button if you want students to check the sign-in status of tutors and/or other students.
☑ Run in Kiosk mode (Applies to this station). Check this box if you want the current station to display in full screen mode. In this mode, the main sign in screen of AccuSQL or AccuTrack will take up the entire monitor. Typically, you would set your student sign-in stations to run in Kiosk mode and your admin computers would not.
===== ACTIVITY SCREEN OPTIONS =====
How To access: System Administration > Sign-in Setup > Setup > Activity Screen Options
Purpose: This section determines whether the student will be presented with one of the following options: * Nothing * Categories & Activities only * Categories & Activities with the Instructors * Categories & Activities with the Instructors and Service Types * Categories & Activities and Service Types Additionally, there are more configuration options to make the walk-in process unique to the way your Local Lab/Center handles Student sign-ins. ==== Removing the Activities Selection screen entirely ==== If you don’t need to track the activities at your center, check the “Do not show the Activity selection screen during sign-in” box. This is useful if you only want to track student’s sign-in and sign-out time without tracking the reason for their visit. ==== Labels Box ==== The top text box allows you to specify the title of the Activities screen. The second text box allows you to enter a line of instructions to users. This line appears under the screen’s title. The third text box allows you to change the label of the Category box (e.g. Category, Subject, etc.), and the fourth text box allows you to change the label of the activity box (e.g. Service, Class, Section, etc.). Show Instructors box: Check this check box to show the instructors in the Activity Selection screen. Displaying the instructor in the Activities box is useful in making activities more identifiable to the students. It is also used if you want to send scheduled attendance reports to instructors. <note tip>If you did not assign instructors to activities, clear this check box.</note> Instructor selection is required: Check this box if you are showing the instructor selection box and you want the student to select an instructor before being able to proceed with the sign in. Ask student whether to report session to Instructor: Check this box if you want students to have the choice to report their center visits to their instructors. Set Report's Schedule button: An attendance report will be generated and emailed to the instructor. You can configure the schedule for the instructor’s attendance report from this screen by clicking the Set Reports Schedule button. <note tip>Instructors are typically the professors that teach a particular course and one or more of them can be tied to each course in the Sign-in Setup » Categories & Activities screen. The student picks their instructor at sign in to that course and then the instructors are emailed an instructor attendance report based on the students that picked them. If you want to use this feature, each instructor needs to have a valid email address in the Instructors setup screen.</note> Show Service list box: Check this box if you want to display the “Service” selection box at sign-in. The Service selection can be used to collect more information regarding the visit. Service selection is required: Check this box if you are showing the service selection and want to force the student to select a service type. <note>To enter items appearing in the service type selection box, use the “Service” screen which is accessible via the Sign-in Setup » Service screen.</note> Only show registered activities in the Activities screen: Use this check box to only show activities (classes) students are registered for at sign-in. If this option is turned on, when a student signs in she will only see registered classes in the Activity Selection screen. <note tip>If you did not import student registration information, clear this check box.</note> <note>When this option is selected, students that are not registered to any classes will not be able to sign in. Instead, the student will see an informational message like this one: You can also set activities to “Global registration” in the Sign-in Setup » Categories & Activities screen. If you select the Global registration checkbox for an activity, then all students can select that activity at sign in whether they are registered or not.</note> Do not automatically register students for activities they are signed into: If this box is left unchecked, then when students signs into activities, they are automatically registered for those activities. This can be handy if you want students to build their own registered activities list. If you are controlling the registrations from a registration import, then you can disable auto-registrations by checking this box. Retrieve the following data from last visit: * Category and Activity: Loads the category and activity used during the last visit and automatically highlights them. This speeds up the sign-in process for returning students who are using the same activity. * Instructor: Loads the instructor selected during the last visit and automatically highlights it. * Service: Loads the service type used during the last visit and automatically highlights it. Lock the selection on Sign in for: These options are used to lock the sign-in selection for a specific category, activity, instructor, and/or service. Users can also lock the tutor assigned at sign-in. When locked, only the option indicated will display on the sign in screen, and the option will be locked so it cannot be changed. To lock a particular item, first click the checkbox next to the item you are locking and then click the button next to the item and a pop-up box will appear. Now click the item you want to lock to and click OK. You can lock any combination of items using the same method. When a student signs in, they will see a lock on the items you have indicated as such. ==== Tutor Selection Screen Options ==== To access the Tutor Selection Screen Setup options, click Sign-in Setup in System Administration, then the Setup tab. In the Sign-in Setup screen, click on Tutor Selection Screen Options on the left-side of the screen. The first three options control the display of the Tutor Selection screen. Select the first option if you want the Tutor Selection screen to appear after the Activity Selection screen during the student’s sign-in. Select the second option if you want to show the Tutor Selection screen when students sign out (useful if students only know who the tutor was after the session). Select the last option if you do not wish to show the Tutor Selection screen (i.e. you do not want to track which tutor the students met with). If you do decide to show the Tutor Selection list, you can control other options: Add “None” as an option to the tutor list: With this option selected, AccuSQLAccuTrack will add “None” and also “Unknown” to the tutor’s list. This is useful if some students don’t meet with tutors.
Do not show activities that do not have an assigned tutor: If this option is selected, AccuSQLAccuTrack will only show activities that have associated tutors. Activities that don’t have associated tutors will not be displayed in the Activity Selection screen.
Tutor selection lists all tutors assigned to an activity regardless of the availability: Check this box to show all tutors regardless of their tutor schedules. Tutors will be displayed in this case strictly based on their activity assignments.
Screen Title: Enter the title for the Tutor Selection screen here.
Instructions: You can change the instructions line in the Tutor Selection screen here.
Email tutor when a student signs in to see him: Tutors will receive an email at the time a student selects him or her during the sign-in process.
===== NEW STUDENT SCREEN OPTIONS =====
To access the New Student Setup options, click Sign-in Setup in System Administration, then the Setup tab. In the Sign-in Setup screen, click on New Student Options on the left side of the screen.
Allow new students: Check this box if you want students who are not already in the AccuSQLAccuTrack database to be able to sign in. If this option is not checked, you can enter the message that AccuSQLAccuTrack will display when a new student tries to sign in the Visit Tracking Module Options screen.
Show: Check to show the phone box. Required: Check if you want to require students to enter their phone number. Area Code: Enter the default area code here. If you like, you can also change the phone mask from the default US format. This is useful if you are in a country outside of the U.S. <note>When importing data into the phone fields, you should not have any phone formatting in the import file (just numbers) since AccuSQLAccuTrack will add the mask itself.</note>
Show: Check to show the email box. Required: Check if you want to require students to enter their Email address. Pre-fill: You can put the common email address here (e.g. @yourcollege.edu).
Show: Check to show the address box. Required: Check if you want to require students to enter their address. Pre-fill City: Enter a default city. Canadian Address: Check if you want to show Canadian provinces instead of US states. State: Show: Check to show the state drop-down. Required: Check if you want to require students to select a state. Pre-fill State: Select the default state from the drop-down.
Date Field: Show: Check to show a date entry box in the New Student screen. Required: Check if you want to require students to enter a date. Label: Enter the label of the date box (e.g. Birth date or Grad date).
Password-protect New Student screen: Turn this option on if you want to control the addition of new students to the AccuSQLAccuTrack database. If this option is on, when a new student signs in, AccuSQLAccuTrack will display a password entry box. If the correct password is entered, then the New Student screen will be displayed and the student will be able to proceed. This feature is useful if you want to approve the addition of new students after verifying they are eligible for your services. You can have one of your staff members verify the student and then enter the password to allow the sign-in. If this option is enabled, you can enter the password in the Password text box.
Play this file when a new student signs in: Use this box if you want AccuSQLAccuTrack to flag new students by playing a sound file when they first sign in. Use the Audio File entry box to type the path and name of the sound file. You can also use the browse “…” button to select the file. To test the sounds file, click the Test button. <note>The sound file must be in wave (.WAV) format. Use this feature to alert you when new users sign-in. This is useful if you offer first-time users special assistance or instructions.</note> If you have the play function enabled, AccuSQLAccuTrack will play the selected sound file when the user clicks on “Next” in the New Student screen.
☑ Force Proper Name Capitalization: Check this box if you want AccuSQLAccuTrack to automatically convert names entered in the New Student screen to proper format (first letter upper case, and the rest in lower case). ===== TUTOR SIGN-IN OPTIONS ===== To access the Tutor Sign-in Setup options, click Users in System Administration, then the Setup tab in the bottom right of the screen. Now click on Tutor Sign-in Options on the left side of the Options menu to select it. If you track your tutor works hours, use this screen to control the tutor sign-in options: * Use a tutor maximum sign-in period of X hours: Use this option to enter the maximum sign-in period for tutors. Next, use the radio buttons to determine what happens when this maximum sign-in period is exceeded: * Sign tutor with X hour period: Choose this option if you want tutors who exceed the maximum sign-in period to get signed out with the X sign-in period. Set X to whatever you like using the X= spinner box. * Ask tutor how long he stayed at the next visit: Choose this option to have AccuSQLAccuTrack ask the tutor at the next visit to enter the sign-in period for the previous visit in which the maximum sign-in period was exceeded.
- Lock tutor out and only allow admin to sign him in: Choose this option for maximum control over the accuracy of the sign-in records. With this option selected, when a tutor exceeds the maximum sign-in period AccuSQLAccuTrack will lock the tutor out. To unlock the tutor’s record, the tutor must be signed out via the Tutor Visits Tracking » Sign Out screen. Display the Tasks screen when tutor sign in: Check this box if you want to track what tutors do with their work time. If you only want to track the sign-in and sign-out times, uncheck this box. <note>If you use this option, make sure to enter the staff Tasks via the Tutor Visits Tracking » Tasks screen. If you enable the Tasks screen at sign-in but have not created the tasks the tutors would select at sign-in, you will get a “no tasks defined” message.</note> Tutor schedule start increment: Use the drop-down box to select the increment of the list box used to enter the tutor’s schedule. For example, if you use “30”, then the tutor’s schedule can start and end at 8:00, 8:30, 9:00, and so on. Tutor Pay rounding: Use this box to determine the rounding rules when calculating the tutor’s pay. Rounding is applied to each session and not to the accumulated time. Select the first option if you do not want to do any rounding. Select the second option if you want to round the time up (e.g. if X=15, 47 minutes are counted as one hour for pay purposes). Select the third option if you want to round up or down to the nearest X minutes (e.g. if X=15, 47 minutes are counted as 45 minutes, while 53 minutes are counted as 60 minutes). ===== WAITING OPTIONS ===== To access the Waiting Options Setup options, click Users in System Administration, then the Setup tab in the bottom right of the screen. Now click on Waiting Options on the left side of the menu to select it. Intake System is on: Check this box if you want visitors to go on to a waiting list (intake system) before being signed in with the tutor or advisor. Either intake system admins or tutors/advisors can then sign students in from the intake queue when they are ready to see the student. Tutors can see and sign in students waiting for other tutors: If you enable the intake system, then you can check this box so tutors can see students waiting for other tutors. Tutors control the student sign-ins through the Students in Line option on their Tutor Pad. Using this option, the tutors can see and then sign in students waiting not only for them but students waiting for any tutor. <note tip> If you select the “Tutors can see and sign in students waiting for other tutors” option, then you can disable tutor selection by students completely if so desired. So the student would select a category/activity, but not a tutor. Then any available tutor could “pick the student off the list” to sign the student in with him or her. </note> Do not show the Intake System button on the Main Sign-in Screen: If you want to use the Intake System, but you do not want students to be able to access it, check this box. This can be useful if students are signing into “sensitive” activities, for example, academic probation or health services and you do not want other students to see what the others are waiting for. Custom waiting list message: Enter the message that will be displayed when the student signs in, indicating they are in line waiting to be seen. Enable sending Text Message on Waitlist and Intake screens: Check this box if you would like to send text messages from either the Activity Waiting List or Intake System in AccuSQLAccuTrack. If you select this option, you can customize the message that will be sent in the edit box. If you are in the U.S. you would leave the country code as 1. Using this method, the students will receive a text message on their cell phones when they are ready to be helped.
Enable Activity Waiting list feature: Check this box is you want to restrict the number of students signing into a certain activity. The number of students that can be in the activity at any one time is controlled by the Max Students field value entered for the activity in the Sign-in Setup » Categories & Activities screen.
Video Learning Series: Using the Intake System or the Activity Waiting List
View video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nof5qXukEgg