meta data for this page
ACCUTRACK MEDIA CHECK-OUT
When you click on Media Check-out from the Main Menu, you will see the following options:
- Media Stock: Allows you to create the media items you checkout to students.
- Media Check-In/Out: Allows you to check the media out to students.
- Express Media Checkout: A quicker method for checking out media to students.
The following sections have more information on the above screens.
MEDIA STOCK SCREEN
Purpose: To enter and maintain your media stock.
Access: From System Administration, click on Media Check-out > Media Stock.
You can use AccuSQL/AccuTrack to checkout and track loaned materials. For example, you can track laptops, DVDs, reference books, headphones, tablets, and anything else you loan to students. The software will track the material, report on checkouts, and tell you which material is past due. To start tracking your loaned material with AccuSQL/AccuTrack, you need to assign each piece a unique ID number. Label each item with its number. The ID number will make the checkout and check-in process much quicker and more accurate.
After labeling your media with unique ID numbers, you need to enter them in AccuSQL/AccuTrack. Click on Media Checkout module and then the Media Stock button to bring up the Media Stock screen:
Adding Media Stock
Here’s how to add a media item: *
- Start by selecting the Add button and typing in the unique ID number in the “ID” box.
- Select the media type by using the drop-down list box. If the type is not there, you can add it by clicking on the “…” button.
- Enter the media title in the “Title” box.
- (Optional) Type the instructor in the “Instructor” box.
- (Optional) Type the maximum checkout period in the “Max out” box. This value is for your own information.
- (Optional) Type any notes regarding this piece in the “Notes” box. The notes can be anything you like such as “Two parts”, “65 minutes long”, or “hand out with instructor notes.”
- Click the “Save” button to save your entry.
Defining the Media Types
AccuSQL/AccuTrack allows you to custom define the media types you have available for checkout. You will need to add the Media Types and then you can assign your media stock items to their various Types. To create a new Media Type, first, click the Add button. You will see a small button with the … next to the Type drop-down box. Click that button to access the Edit Media Types screen.
Associating Media with a Specific Lab/Center
You can now associate your Media Stock to specific Lab IDs.
MEDIA CHECK-IN/OUT SCREEN
Purpose: To check media in or out for a student.
Access: From System Administration, click on Media Check-out > Media Check-In/Out.
To check media in or out, type the Media ID number in the Media ID box. One of three things will happen depending on the status of the media piece:
1) IF THE MEDIA IS CURRENTLY CHECKED IN
AccuSQL/AccuTrack will display a checkmark ““ in the In checkbox and will show the media information by filling out the Title, Instructor, Type, Max Out, and Media Note boxes from the information you entered in the “Media Stock” screen. AccuSQL/AccuTrack will also calculate and display the media’s due date in the “Due Back” box. The checkout box will show the current date and time, and the caption of the “Process” button will change to “Check Out”.
- If a default checkout time is defined for the media item in the Media Stock screen, this default time is used.
- If the item does not have a default check out time, and the media type has a default checkout time defined, the default media type checkout time is used.
- If the default media type checkout time is not defined, the default center checkout time is used.
Checking Media Out
To check the media out, follow these steps:
- Adjust the due back time if needed. You can do this by typing the adjusted value in the “Due Back” box or by clicking on the box with the right mouse button and using the calendar.
- (Optional) Enter a checkout note in the “Note” box.
- Enter the ID number of the student who wants to check out this piece in the “Student ID” box. When you enter the ID, AccuSQL/AccuTrack will automatically load the student’s name, phone number, and the number of media items the student currently has checked out. AccuSQL/AccuTrack will also list these media items in the “Student has” box.
- (Optional) Select the student’s instructor from the Instructor’s drop-down box.
- (Optional) Select the student’s class from the Class drop-down box.
- Click on the “Check Out” button.
The software will also display information about the student who checked out the media including ID, name, phone, instructor, class, and whether the student is currently signed-in. The software will also change the caption of the “Process” button to “Check-In”
2) IF THE MEDIA IS CURRENTLY CHECKED OUT
AccuSQL/AccuTrack will display a checkmark ““ in the Out checkbox and will show the media information by filling out the Title, Instructor, Type, Max Out, and Media Note boxes from information you entered in the “Media Stock” screen. AccuSQL/AccuTrack will also display the checkout information including the checkout time and due time and information on the student who has the media checked out. The caption of the “Process” button will change to “Check-In”.
Checking Media In
To check the media in, all you need to do is click on the “Check-In” button, and AccuSQL/AccuTrack will record the check-in date and time. AccuSQL/AccuTrack will show a confirmation message and will then clear the text boxes.
3) IF THE MEDIA ID IS NOT RECOGNIZED
If you enter a media ID that is not recognizable by AccuSQL/AccuTrack, you will see an error message:
If you have a barcode reader, you can print an ID barcode for the media items and scan the barcode to check the media in or out.
Instead of using the media ID number, you can use the lookup buttons at the bottom of this screen. The “Available” button shows media that is checked in, the “Out” button shows media that is checked out, the “Late” button shows past due media, while the “All” button shows all media.
EXPRESS MEDIA CHECKOUT SCREEN
Purpose: To check media in or out from your Center.
Access: From System Administration, click on Media Checkout > Express Media Checkout.
The Express Media Checkout opens with the Single Mode radio button allows single items to be checked out.
Choose the Multi Mode radio button to quickly checkout multiple items to a single student.