meta data for this page
ACCUTRACK COMMUNICATIONS SETUP OPTIONS
Purpose: This section allows you to configure the SMTP Email and SMS Text Messaging configuration settings that allow AccuSQL/AccuTrack to send messages.
Access: Click the Communications from the System Administrationscreen and then the Setup button in the lower-right of the screen.
The Email Settings Options screen should be selected by default. If not, click on it on the left of the Options screen. Here are the Control Panel options for Users:
- Email Settings Options – Used to set up the mail server information that will be used to send emails via AccuSQL/AccuTrack.
- Text Messaging Configuration – Used to set up the text messaging information that will be used to send text messages in AccuSQL/AccuTrack.
EMAIL SETTINGS OPTIONS
Purpose: This section exists to configure the SMTP email setup used by the Centers to send Email messages.
Access: Email Settings Options, click Communications in System Administration, then the Setup button on the bottom-right of the screen.
The Communications Setup Options screen should be selected by default. If not, click on it on the left of the Options screen.
AccuSQL/AccuTrack utilizes email in several ways:
- To send email notifications to tutors or students when an appointment is set or cancelled.
- To remind students about their appointments via email.
- To send email messages to students via the Messaging Center.
- To email Session Logs to the student’s instructor.
- To email most AccuSQL/AccuTrack reports, either manually or via an automated schedule.
- To send late media reminder emails.
For the above functions to work, you must enter your email server’s settings in this page:
Mail Server Selection
If you want to use a Gmail server, select that radio button. If you prefer to use your own mail server, select Use your college mail server.
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): Use the “Mail server” entry box to type in the name of your outgoing Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) mail server. It is important that you use the correct name or the email operation will fail. If you don't know the name, contact your System Administrator for help, or check the setup of your current email client for the correct name. If you are using a Gmail server, this information is already filled in for you.
Sender Name: Use this box to enter the sender's name as it will appear in the outgoing email messages.
Sender E-Mail: Use this entry box to enter the sender's email address as it will appear in the outgoing email message. This email address will be used if the recipient hits the “Reply” button or if the message bounces back and must be a valid email address.
Mail Server Authentication
If your mail server requires authentication, you can use the options on this screen to set it up:
- My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication: Check this checkbox if your email server requires authentication. AccuSQL/AccuTrack supports two methods of authentication:
- Log on using: Provide the user’s name and password to use for the login.
- Log on to incoming mail server before sending mail: This option is known as “POP before SMTP). If your server requires it, enter the POP3 user name and address. Note that AccuSQL/AccuTrack will not actually download any email messages on the POP3 server.
- Port Number: The default is “25” (Unsecured SMTP traffic) but you can change it if needed. You can also use a Secure Socket Layer (465 for SSL or 587 for TLS) port if your mail server requires it.
Testing Email Settings
Click the Test Email Settings button after you have entered and saved the email server configuration to attempt to send a test email message. The message will be delivered to the email you specified in the Sender Email Address field. If configured properly, you will get this message after you click the Test Email Settings button.
If any problems occur, you will see an Error sending mail message. The message may change depending on what problem is encountered. Here are some examples:
- Email server entered incorrectly:
- Wrong user name and password entered:
- SSL required but not selected:
- SSL selected but wrong port number specified:
Use any error messages to troubleshoot your email settings. Depending on how your mail server is configured, you may need to get an IT person to unblock a port or adjust your firewall settings to allow for the outgoing mail.
If you want AccuSQL/AccuTrack to log all outgoing email, check this box. Use the buttons to view or delete the log. If you are not getting emails, then you can check the log to further analyze what may be going wrong. All successful and unsuccessful email will be written to the log.
TEXT MESSAGING CONFIGURATION
To access Text Messaging Options, click Communications in System Administration, then the Setup tab. On the left-side of the screen, click Text Messaging Configuration.
AccuSQL/AccuTrack can utilize text messaging in several ways:
- To send Appointment Reminders texts to students.
- To send text messages to students and tutors via the Messaging Center.
- To send text messages to students from the Intake system or the activity waiting list.
Use this screen to set up the service you are using to deliver text messages to your students and tutors.
Due to its, reliability, affordability, and secure transmission protocol, we Nexmo services. When you create an account with this provider, you will be given the access information you will need to enter into the Text Messaging Configuration screen. To find out more and set up an account you can visit:
If you intend to enable text messaging right away, select the Send Text Messages from this computer to enable the messaging and click Save.
After you enter the Nexmo Key, Nexmo Secret, and Nexmo From information (provided by Nexmo after you have created a valid account) you can enter your own cell number (make sure to add a 1 in front of it) to test the messaging.
After you click Test Nexmo, you should see a pop-up message indicating the message was sent and you should also get a test text message on your phone for the number you entered.
If you get a different message, check your Nexmo settings and retry. You may also want to check with IT to make sure there is no security or firewall policy in place that will prevent the outbound SMS traffic.