meta data for this page
Instructor Quick Start Guide
Don't have time to review this online guide? Then download the Instructor Quick Start Guide (PDF)
Where and how to Login
Your Login Credentials
In order to login to Accudemia you'll need the following credentials:
- User ID - This is typically your existing Student ID or Employee ID.
- Password - This is what you'll need to sign-in, login, and manage your school's Accudemia account and will be provided by your System Admin.
Where to Login
This is the website that your school uses to login to Accudemia and typically is formatted like following: http://<myschool>.accudemia.net
Forgot your password?
If you forgot your password but know your User ID and Email that is associated with your Accudemia account you can go to your school's Accudemia website (http://<myschool>.accudemia.net)or at a designated Sign-in Station onsite and click the Forgot my Password link. You'll then receive and e-mail message with instructions to follow to reset your password.
Watch this brief video to see how it is done:
SI Class Attendance
In this section you'll be able to manage your SI Class Attendance for each Session and submit/view Referral statuses to the Center(s) that have setup a Center Referral Form.
Managing SI Class Attendance
Managing SI Class Attendance is fairly simple as we do not use a traditional attendance book and all information collected in Accudemia is via the Student swiping in or typing their ID in at the Computer Sign-in Station you have setup.
View SI Class Attendance Online
- Navigate to the Attendance section under the SI Class Attendance heading in the left-side menu.
- Now select the Semester in the drop-down menu and then search for the Class Name or Class Registration Number (CRN). Then click on the Class in the list below and then click the Next button.
- Then select the day you would like to view the SI Class Attendance for that Class and click the Next button. Note: This view will show all the previous classes that have occurred along with the the next day's SI Class Attendance.
- Finally you can manage the Class Attandance for the selected Class for that specific day.
Mark a Student Present, Absent, Tardy, or Excused
To get to proper area manage the SI Class Attendance for a specific Class on a specific day follow the above article View SI Class Attendance Online. Once here you'll notice you can mark the student several different Attendance Statuses. To change their mark for that day:
- Select all the students that you want to change by placing a check next to their name.
- Now click the appropriate button you want to mark their Attendance Status and here is a brief explanation of each option:
- Present - This means the student(s) did come to Class on time and attended the session.
- Absent - This means that the student(s) was/were not there for the Class session.
- Tardy - This means that the student(s) did come to the Class session but they were late. This status still counts student as Present. Note: The system will ask you to state how Tardy/late they were if you would like to provide this information.
- Excused - This means that the student was either absent or late but given credit as showing because of a valid excuse. This status still counts student as Present. Note: The system will ask you to state the reason they were Excused if you would like to provide this information.
- You can also add/or remove a student to this session if they attended it but are not a regular attendee or if they were not signed-up/enrolled in the class on that date. If you want to enroll students in the Class permanently then follow the steps outlined in the next article.
Referrals are used to refer a Student to a Center for additional assistance. In order for this section to be available your Center Admins must have created a Referral Form. If this section cannot be accessed or the Center you need to refer them to does not have a referral form setup you please click here to learn how to contact the Accudemia System Admin.
Creating a Referral
- To create a new referral go to:
SI Class Attendance > Referrals
- Click on Create New.
- Select the Referral Template you want to use (Tutoring Assistance, Advising Support, etc.).
- Notice that you'll be filled in as the Instructor so simply search for the Class by typing the Class name and selecting the Class in the drop-down box.
- Search for the Student by typing the Student's name and selecting the Student in the drop-down box.
- If there's no “Follow-up by” person assigned to the Referral automatically then you can search for the Staff by typing their name and select the Staff whom you'd like to “Follow-up” with the Student.
- If there's no “Follow-up date” set then select date you'd like for the “follow-up” to be completed on the Referral (This is important as it's used as a reminder of when this referral should be reviewed/updated for the “Follow-up By” person.
- Fill in the Comments with the reasoning the student is being referred to the Center.
- Next set whether or not the student receives updates on the Referral.
- The next item is the option to type and select the users who you would also like notified with any updates on this Referral. Note: This may be preset by the Center Admins.
- Complete the Referral Questionnaire portion being sure the Required Answers are completed which have been setup by your Center Admins as information that they need to know in order to assist the Student.
- Finally, scroll up through the form checking for any omissions and fill them in. Once you've made it back to the top of this page click the Save Changes button on this form to complete this process.
View the Status of a Referral
To view your existing Referrals simply click the Referrals option under SI Class Attendance. Form here you'll see a Referral Dashboard with the status of the Referrals you've submitted:
Notice the Color Reference chart at the bottom to know the referral status:
|White||A New Referral|
|Yellow||Waiting for Follow up|