meta data for this page
Purpose: Use this option to edit your Tutoring availability.
Way to Access: On the main menu click on your name (top right corner) and then choose My Schedule option located on the top-right of the screen in your personal options.
- Edit Mode - This dropdown option allows you to choose the types of schedule you can configure (Merged Mode, Term Mode, Exceptions Only).
- Tutor - This dropdown option is preset to you as the Tutor(if you also have the administrator role you might be able to see/pick other tutors on the list).
- Center - This dropdown option allows you to choose availability for a specific Center.
Modes when editing your Tutor Schedule
Choose from the following Calendar Edit Modes:
- Merged Mode: This is a combination of the Term Mode and Exceptions Only, this mode is not based on a weekly-based pattern but on specific dates.
- To edit the schedule in this mode you have to choose the week which you are going to edit. Additionally, you have the option to display those booked appointments within the calendar blocks.
- Term Mode: This is the default calendar edit mode. In this mode, you are allowed to edit the Tutor's Availability based on a weekly basis, this is basically those activities that repeat every week for the entire Term/Semester. This is like their regular workweek (like for example Every Monday 8 AM -10 AM, Every Saturday 10 AM - 3 PM).
- Use Term mode to select the Term/Semester which your tutor's availability. You can schedule as Available, Not Available, Not Working, and Cleared using the Event Information.
- Exceptions Only: This mode allows you to see/edit the Tutor's activities created on specific days of the month, basically setting exceptions to their normal weekly schedule like off-time needed on specific dates, vacation time, and similar.
- To edit the schedule in this mode you have to choose the week which you are going to edit. Additionally, you have the option to display appointments.
To add your Tutoring Schedule
- Go to My Schedule on the top navigation bar.
- Next, click and drag the mouse to create a block in the calendar:
- Select the information for the selected time:
- Schedule As This is the “status” of the tutor for the selected timeframe, the choices are: “Available/Not Available/ Not working”. If status is set to “Available” then the tutor can be selected for walk-ins or appointments if desired.
- Description: This could be any additional information about this block of time you are setting up for the tutor.
- Max Attendees: This is the maximum amount of Students the tutor can meet with at the same time.
- Subject Areas: Select only what you want the Tutor to be able to help with during the time block selected.
- Services: Select only what you want the Tutor to be able to help with during the time block selected.
- And click the Save button.