meta data for this page
Signing-in for Appointments
Purpose: This is a description of how you can join an Appointment in Accudemia.
In Accudemia, there are several ways to join an Appointment that has been created between a tutor and a student and in this guide, we will explore the multitude of options available.
This section explores the sign-in options for appointments that are in-person sessions.
Signing-in for Face-to-Face Appointments at a Physical Sign-in Station/Kiosk
For your face-to-face appointments, you will have to use a Physical Sign-in Station/Kiosk for the Center, Sign-in Stations/Kiosks are computers designated to allow you to type or swipe an ID card and let the Center's staff know you are present for your appointment.
- These kiosks should be in an accessible location that is marked and easy to find and should look similar to this screenshot:
- The system should recognize that you have a scheduled appointment at the time you swipe or type in your ID and should show the information.
- Finally, you can click Sign me in on the screen to be counted as showing up for your appointment.
This section explores the sign-in options for appointments that are virtual sessions.
Signing-in for Online Appointments using an online meeting link via an Email Reminder
If you are trying to sign in for your online appointment, you should have received a virtual link for the appointment in your email. Follow these steps to connect using that link.
- The link should look like this that you'll click:
- Now depending on how soon or how late you are attempting to join the session a screen with instructions should open. Either a “Join Session” button will appear (at the time of the appointment), or a message describing whether it is still too early or too late to join the session like this:
Signing-in for Online Appointments using the Accudemia homepage
Another way to join this virtual appointment (instead of clicking the virtual link from the reminder emails mentioned previously) is you can go directly to Accudemia and sign in.
- On the homepage that loads when you sign in, you can see a list of appointments in the Upcoming Appointments section, and if it is time for your appointment you can click the JOIN SESSION button to access the session.
- From there, instructions will either be shown to join the session or ask you to wait until the session starts if too early:
Signing-in for Online Appointments using the your school's website
Additionally, some schools will create a link to sign in to your appointment via a remote sign-in link provided on your school's website. We do not have an example of this since every school can have a different portal or website for students. The process will be the same as described in the steps on the previous section starting at step 2.
Reconnecting to an Online Session
If for some reason you exit the session and you need to go back, then you can simply use the same virtual link and click the green button that will be shown to Relaunch Session. This will allow you to reconnect to the online session. Here is what this may look like: