meta data for this page
Using a wall-mounted Apple iPad, iPad mini, or Android tablet
Have the students sign-in by reading a barcode with the iPad's front camera while keeping the device locked to display a classroom's scheduled courses through out the day in a tamper-free kiosk mode.
Download and Install the AccuClass app
- Tap the App Store icon.
- In the Search field type AccuClass and tap search. Tap the cloud icon to download/install.
- Now click open or from the home screen click on the AccuClass icon.
- Login using your AccuClass account by selecting the Account Type, Domain (Only Institutional Accounts), Email, and Password. It should automatically start to sync with your AccuClass account. That's it! You're ready to start using the AccuClass App!
Configure the iPad to use in Wall Mount
Now that the app is downloaded and installed you'll need to configure the AccuClass app settings to allow it to use the front camera and also lock the screen so Students cannot “accidentally” go out of the Record Swipes screen in the AccuClass app.
Name the device & set it to use the front camera
- Start from the iPad Home screen and tap the devices Settings (Gear icon).
- Now scroll all the way down to the bottom where you see the AccuClass app icon and tap it.
- Once there tap the Camera option and then tap “Front”.
- Click AccuClass to go back to the main settings.
- Scroll down to the Swipe section and then tap the “Automatic Sign-in Station” and “Online mode” to green. The Automatic Sign-in Station“ will keep the screen from asking if sign-in or sign-out and set it in kiosk mode. The “Online mode” will sync all swiped information collected in real-time.
- Optionally at this point you can give this device a name at the top of this section under Device name. This will help by providing you a point of reference if you name it similar to the Classroom's name this device will be track the attendance in.
Setup a lock for the Record Swipes screen
- Tap the AccuClass App icon to open it.
- Login to the AccuClass app as an admin (as you would normally).
- Tap the Settings icon (Gear symbol in the app).
- Slide the Lock swipe tracking screen to the right (green) and tap OK.
- Tap the Unlock code option now, enter the passcode twice you want to use on this device, and tap Save in the top right.
- Tap back until you reach the Home screen then click the Record Swipes option to begin tracking the Class again as you normally would.
- Press the sleep/wake button on the top edge of your apple device to activate the touchscreen.
- Slide the slider at the bottom of the screen to unlock it. Enter the unlock code if one has been set.
- Touch the “Settings” icon.
- Touch the “General” menu item.
- Touch the “Auto-Lock” menu item.
- Touch the “Never” option.