meta data for this page
First, you need to download the AccuClass app from either the App Store or the Google Play store. It's a free application so no need to worry about additional fees.
Download the AccuClass App
- Tap the App Store icon.
- In the Search field type AccuClass and tap search. Tap the cloud icon to download/install.
- Now click open or from the home screen click on the AccuClass icon.
- Login using your AccuClass account by selecting the Account Type, Domain (Only Institutional Accounts), Email, and Password. It should automatically start to sync with your AccuClass account. That's it! You're ready to start using the AccuClass App!
Use an Apple/Android device to:
Call the Roll Manually
- Once AccuClass is open, tap on the “Call the Roll” section. Scroll through dates, select the date, and then tap Done.
- Scroll through Sessions and then tap the session that you want to Call the Roll. Tap Edit and now you can see the “Set as:” buttons in the bottom area.
- Change the presence by tapping the bright green “Present” button and selecting another option.
- Set all (to whatever is showing in the “Set as:” area).
- Clear all to “No status.”
Using a QR barcode with the device’s Camera
- Once AccuClass is open, tap on the “Swipe Card” section. Then choose the classroom.
- Next choose “Scan” mode. Swipe the QR code on your Student's ID.
- Next you will either get a confirmation or error (if student ID is not in AccuClass)
- To sign-out students just tap the green “IN” arrow to turn it to a red “OUT” arrow and select scan again. Once you have all your students scanned in and out simply go back to the main menu and tap “Sync” icon so you can see your attendance in your AccuClass online.
Using ID Cards with a Magnetic Strip Reader
First you will need to order Magnetic Strip Readers for your Apple or Android device by contacting one of our friendly National Account Specialists at email@example.com.
Once ordered simply attach the device on to the end of your Apple iPad, iPad mini, iPod touch, iPhone, or Android devices. It should fit pretty snugly on the device. Once in place follow these steps to use it:
- Open the AccuClass App and click on the Swipe Cards icon. Then choose classroom.
- Choose the manual entry mode.
- Swipe the Student's card and that's it! You will either receive a confirmation or error.
Using a proximity beacon via Bluetooth
Students can automatically sign in with a single tap using proximity sign in. Proximity sign in turns an Instructor's Android or Apple device into a “beacon”. Students will receive a notification from the AccuClass mobile app that will allow them to sign in with a tap. The student will not be able to sign into the class unless they are within range of the beacon device. When the Instructor turns off the beacon, they will receive the option to sign out every student that has been signed in.
The effective range of the “beacon” depends on the type of device and the Bluetooth version of the “beacon” device.
Activating the Beacon
1. Log into the AccuClass mobile app as an Instructor
2. Tap on Roll Call - In/Out
3. Select the class that students will be signed into
4. Tap on the Proximity Sign In icon
5. The beacon will activate and students will receive this notification. Tapping the notification will sign the student into the class.
6. Tap the Proximity Sign In icon again to turn it off. Turning off Proximity Sign In will give the Instructor the option to disable the beacon or to sign out all students and then disable the beacon.
AccuClass App Administrative Options
Apple device Administrative Options
How to Access: Settings > AccuClass
- Tap the Settings icon (gear symbol) on the Apple device.
- Scroll to the bottom of the device settings list and tap on the AccuClass section at the bottom
Purpose: These administrative options allow you to fine tune the app to your needs with settings such as camera selection if mounting Apple device in a kiosk and other various settings.
Allow AccuClass to Access
- Camera - Use this option to enable or disable the camera function.
- Device Name - Use this setting to name the device. This helps if using multiple devices in a classroom for scanning to identify which one maybe having issues.
Sign-in Station Options
- Barcode Scanning - This section is used to setup QR code and linear barcode scanning.
- Use device camera - This enables the camera to be used to scan QR codes and linear barcodes.
- Camera - Use this option to choose which camera is going to be used for scanning the barcodes. The options are simply Front and Rear. Note: The best camera to use will be the Rear camera as it tends to have the highest resolution for scanning by hand. This option was added to allow you to use the Front camera if needed for a wall-mounted setup.
- Continuous Scanning - This option allows you to keep the app on the scanning screen after each swipe is collected.
- Mag Stripe Scanning - This section is used to setup scanning with a magstripe device.
- ID Start - This is the starting position that you want the magstripe to read.
- ID Length - This is the length of characters that you want the magstripe to read.
- Manual Mode
- Allow manual ID entry - This option allows you to disable the manual ID entry mode and only use the barcode scanning options. Alternatively this option would need to be enabled if you would like to type the ID in of a Student or use the Magstripe option.
- Swipe - This section controls how the swipes are handled by the app.
- Allow unknown users - This allows you to scan or type in unknown students to be resolved later in AccuClass.
- Auto class selection - This allows you to use the Classroom schedules to automatically select the class being scanned.
- Auto In/Out selection - This allows you to not have to manually change whether they are signing in or out on the app. It is like Kiosk mode on a PC Sign-in Station where it has AccuClass automatically determine if its an in or out based on previous swipes or lack there of.
- Play sound - Use this option if manually scanning to help ensure scans are being collected. The app emits a high beep sound if the swipe was good and a deep low error tone if the swipe is bad.
Android device Administrative Options
Click here to choose another device for tracking attendance with AccuClass.