meta data for this page
Use a computer/laptop in the classroom:
These are the options listed below to use a laptop to manage your classroom or institutions attendance.
Call the Roll Manually
Students using Keyboard Entry
We recommend that you Import your student IDs but you can also add them manually while creating the students if you prefer. Click here to learn about importing students.
All you need to do is setup a Sign-in Station click here to learn how.
Now you just need to have them type their Student ID or Card Number in at the Sign-in Station computer and hit enter. That's it! The students just repeat the process to sign-out when they leave!
Magnetic Strip Reader/Barcode Reader
First, you will need to order Magnetic Strip Reader/Barcode Readers for your PC/MAC computer by contacting one of our friendly National Account Specialists at email@example.com or call 1-888-249-7227. For more information about what Magnetic Strip Reader/Barcode Reader models there are click here.
Once you receive your Magnetic Strip Reader or Barcode reader contact our helpful Software Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 321-214-0012. They will assist with programming your Card Reader using our specialized utilities to get them to read your specific Card ID. You will need to be at your computer with the card reader in order to program the device. Once programmed you can then just plug it into whatever computer you want to be a sign-in station.
Next is getting the Student's Card number into AccuClass. You can either Import the card numbers or manually assign each students card when they attend the first time so you have their card number in AccuClass. Here is the article on how to Assign Cards.
The last step is to setup a Sign-in Station. Click here to learn how.
Using a RFID/proximity reader
First, you will need to order RFID Key Fobs and Proximity Readers for your PC/MAC computer by contacting one of our friendly National Account Specialists at email@example.com. For more information about what RFID/proximity readers are click here.
Once you receive the RFID/proximity reader it is ready to go. There is no need to store student data on the key fobs as they are already programmed.
- You will have to connect the proximity reader to your PC/MAC computer and let the device install the necessary drivers.
- Just plug-in the Proximity Reader with the provided USB cord and watch the device install the necessary drivers. It will beep several times during this process.
- You can test that the device is working by opening notepad or word on your computer and then bringing the key fob close to the proximity reader. It should beep and place the ID number.
- Then you will have to scan each key fob to assign them to each of your students. Here is the article on how to Assign Cards.
- Finally, you must setup a Sign-in Station to start recording attendance with the RFID's and proximity readers. Click here to learn how.
Sign In/Out QR Code displayed on Screen
Students can sign themselves into and out of the class using QR codes displayed on the screen. Students must download and log into the AccuClass mobile app to scan the QR code. These QR codes can be refreshed in a designated time limit to minimize potential attendance cheating. A counter displayed above the QR code will also show how many students are signed in or out of the class. For large classes, it is recommended that the screen is projected onto a larger display to allow students to easily scan the QR codes.
Students must have access to the AccuClass mobile app to scan the QR codes. Students will automatically be sent an email with instructions to download and log into the app when they are created or imported in the system. Institutions can manually give students passwords through their profile or through import.
Activating the QR Code Display
1. Click on Roll Call from the Home Page
2. Select the Date and Class Session that Students will be signing into
3. Click on Swipe by QR
The QR Display
1. This will show the current Room, Class Session, Time of the Class, and how many students are currently enrolled.
2. The left QR code can be scanned to sign in students and the right QR code can be scanned to sign out students. The number above the QR code shows how many of the enrolled students are in or out. This counter is refreshed every 30 seconds.
3. Choose how much time passes before the QR codes are refreshed from this drop down menu
4. Choose whether to show both In/Out QR codes at the same time or one QR code at a time
Click here to choose another device for tracking attendance with AccuClass.