meta data for this page
There are several ways to record attendance:
The most common method would be using the Roll Call which can be accessed under the Attendance section. You will be prompted to select the date (current date selected by default) and the class name. Once you have, just click the Roll Call button.
From the Roll Call Screen you will see a list of all your students. You can mark them individually by clicking the appropriate button by their name or click the “Mark All As…” button to set them all to present, absent, tardy, etc.
You could mark them all as present and as you call the roll mark the individuals absent or tardy if the are not there or arrive late.
Create a Sign-In Station
- Fill out the Sign-in Station information.
- Station Name: This can be whatever you want to name the Sign-In Station. you could use the room name and the number of the Sign-in Station like Auditorium-Station01, Auditorium-Station02, Auditorium-Station03, or RM101-Station01, RM101-Station02, etc.
- Title: This is the message that appears at the top of the screen below what class they are signing into. This can be as simple as “Sign-In Here”
- Instructions: This can be more detailed instructions but remember to keep it simple and short because the more information you have will make the Sign-In box appear lower on the screen.
- Admin Passcode(optional): Enter an Admin Passcode to manage this Sign-in Station. If you do not want to add an Admin Passcode then you do not have to.
- Classroom (optional): Enter an Admin Passcode to manage this Sign-in Station. If you do not want to add an Admin Passcode then you do not have to.
- Click the Save & Install Here or the Save without Installing button.
- If you want to make this PC a Sign-in Station then click Save & Install Here otherwise if this is not the PC you want to make a Sign-in Station click Save without Installing.
The Sign-in Stations you've created should now appear in the list of Sign-in Stations.
Delete a Sign-in Station
- Click Delete on the end of the Sign-In Station listing.
Uninstall a Sign-In Station
- Click Uninstall button above the Sign-In Station listing.
Sign-in Station Mode
When you return to the home screen you should see the option to switch to sign-in station mode.
Here is a sample sign-in screen:
Click here to learn how to use the Keyboard Entry Method with the Sign-in Station.
Click here to learn how to use the Magnetic Swipe Reader with the Sign-in Station.
Click here to learn how to use the Barcode Reader with the Sign-in Station.
Click here to learn how to use the RFID/Proximity Reader with the Sign-in Station.
When using these options it is recommended that you visit the Advanced Options > Settings to configure the rules the automated devices will use.
Computer Sign-in Station
This option allows you to turn a computer in the classroom into a sign-in station for the classroom. You can use several technologies to help enhance the sign-in process as well. We offer magnetic strip readers, barcode readers, and/or RFID readers to help record the attendance.
The AccuClass App
Use your Apple device as an attendance tracking device to sign-in/sign-out students.
You must download the AccuClass App from the Apple App Store:
This option allows you to install a wall-mounted time-clock in the classroom to track attendance.
For more information regarding time-clock specifications, pricing, and ordering info visit: http://www.engineerica.com/time-clock
To view and edit the attendance of a class go to the Attendance section and click the Attendance Sheet. Once there you will be prompted to select the class your want the Attendance Sheet to be pulled. Select the class and click the View Attendance button. At this point you will see a complete chart of the students and the days of the semester with the attendance data.
To edit the attendance for a particular day, select the appropriate column for that day. This will open the Roll Call for that day.
Now click the Print button if you want a Report of this information.
This is a section to view the Attendance for each individual Student's attendance which includes the total minutes and percentage of time in the class. Use the search criteria above to get a quick view of the attendance.
Once there you will be prompted to Filter the Class, Student Group, Student, and/or the Dates your want the Attendance Logs pulled for on this Report. Set your Filters or don't if you want all the data ever collected (by default the date is today in the start date so clear this out) and then click the View Attendance button. At this point you will see a complete chart of the student(s), Class(es), and the days of the semester with the attendance data.
To edit the Filters used to pull this attendance data, click the Change Filters button. This will reopen the Filters screen for the Attendance Logs.
Now click the File > Print or Print Preview option in your browser if you want a Report of this information.
Click here for a PDF sample of this American Government Class Logs Report.
To view the attendance summary of an entire class, individual student, or all of the Classes for a Semester/Term go to the Attendance section and click the Attendance Summary.
Next, click the tab of the Attendance Summary that you would like to get. Enter the name of the Student, Class, or Semester you want the Attendance Summary on. Here is a sample of the Class Attenandance Summary: