meta data for this page
To export your data go to the Advanced Options section and click Export Data. You can download your data by clicking the Download link in the corresponding column for the format you want the data to be exported. You are able to download your data as CSV , HTML and Excel 2007/10 file. The data you can download is:
- Students - This export is needed if you manually added Students to the system and want a full export of all the Students in AccuClass.
- Instructors - This export is needed if you manually added Instructors to the system and want a full export of all the Instructors in AccuClass.
- Enrollment - This export is needed if you manually updated the Student Enrollment in the system and want a full export of all the Student Enrollment in AccuClass.
- Classes - This export is needed if you manually updated the Classes in the system and want a full export of all the Classes in AccuClass.
- Raw Swipes - This export is a complete log of all of the Students' Raw Swipes recorded either via a Computer Sign-in Station, a Time-Clock, or the AccuClass App.
- Attendance Log - This export is the complete Attendance Logs recorded either via a Computer Sign-in Station, a Time-Clock, the AccuClass App, or manually Recorded by the Instructor in the Roll Call screen.
Note: This is typically the most exported option because it captures all the attendance swipes and statuses reported by AccuClass.
Automated / Scheduled Exports
Optionally you can also use the AccuClass Data eXchange (ADX) windows application to automate or schedule exports from AccuClass.
AccuClass Data eXchange (ADX)
This Windows console utility will let you import/export information to/from your AccuClass account easily! With this you'll be able to run your scheduled import/export processes.
How to use it
In Windows go to Start→Run→Type “cmd” and press Enter. You'll get a window like this one:
Next, go to the directory where you've downloaded your ADX utility. To do this, type cd “path_to_adx” where path_to_adx is the correct path (i.e. “cd C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\adx”)
Once there, type AccuClassDataExchange.exe and Enter to get the utility's usage.
AccuClass Data Exchange (ADX) Usage
To export data you must type AccuClassDataExchange.exe export domain username password path_to_the_file type format“ and Enter, where:
- domain is the domain of your AccuClass account,
- username is the username of your AccuClass user account,
- password is the password of your AccuClass user account,
- path_to_the_file is a path in your local file system where the exported data will be saved,
- type specifies the type of the data to export. It must be one of the following: attendance, classes, enrollment, instructors, students, swipes.
- format specifies the format of the exported file. It must be one of the following: csv, html, xls.
Command Structure with Arguments:
AccuClassDataExchange.exe export domain username password path_to_the_file swipes csv
Actual Export Command with Arguments
AccuClassDataExchange.exe export demo email@example.com 123 C:\Users\Public\Documents\MyDataExtract.csv swipes csv
Download it now
To download AccuClass Data Exchange - ADX please click here.
Create a BAT file and set a Windows Scheduled Task
Create a BAT file to run the Export
- On your Windows-based computer right-click the desktop, select New > Text File.
- Name it “Scheduled AccuClass Swipes Extract” or similar.
- Now right-click the file you just created and select edit.
- Copy and paste the text you used from above (AccuClassDataExchange.exe export demo firstname.lastname@example.org 123 C:\Users\Public\Documents\MyDataExtract.csv swipes csv).
- Finally click File > Save and close the file.
Set a Windows Scheduled Task to run the BAT file
- Click the Start menu and in the search type “Task Scheduler” and hit enter.
- Now click on the task library in the top-left section.
- On the far right navigation click “Create Task”
- Setup the following information for each tab:
- You may be prompted to enter the Windows Login credentials of the user you want to run this application at the scheduled time (if selecting run whether user is logged in or not).
- Once done it should be ready to go but you can right-click the newly created job and run the task to see if the file has been updated.